Senior Application Support Engineer
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Administer, improve and maintain application solutions ensuring application performance is secure and meets customer expectations. Provide high level application support throughout all KNX brands. Conduct peer review for application test scripts.
- Ensure effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Consult with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Establish the root causes of application errors.
- Assess end-user issues with applications in production.
- Determine software support requirements.
- Lead users in the planning of user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing.
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Coordinate and communicate applications support activities with key stakeholders.
- Perform analyses on software application functionality and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Manage code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Review platform requirements and coordinates with vendors and other IT groups in building/maintaining hardware, 3rd party software, patches and network related components to comply with IT standards and procedures.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Experience as a software developer preferred.
- BS in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Report generation
- Mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret user needs and translate into system requirements.
- Ability to understand system data and to identify discrepancies
- Previous knowledge of system analytics helpful
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=7349
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.