Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
To issue parts and supplies to the technicians in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible.
- Issues purchase orders per company guidelines to approved parts suppliers.
- Ensures parts are purchased from the lowest cost provider.
- Stocks parts and issues parts to technicians and Swift drivers when needed.
- Delivers parts to designated bays and picks up return parts.
- Ensurers parts are charged out to repair orders and maintains inventory controls.
- Reviews return part warranty tags and ensures they are accurate and the part is stored and organized so it can be returned to the supplier or for core if they are not requested by the supplier.
- Ensures parts are charged to owner operators and customers through the maintenance Repair Order system.
- Responsible for reporting shortages, overages, and pricing discrepancies immediately to the Parts Manager and Service Manager.
- May be required to load and unload suppliers devlivery trucks by hand and with a fork lift.
- May be required to drive, back, and park class 8 vehicles as required to run the shop efficently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2347
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Parts experience helpful.
- High School diploma or GED
- Computer keyboarding, valid drivers license, general knowledge of the city, must be Forklift Certified. Positon requires lifting over 50 lbs, bending, twisting, walking to and from the shop bays to deliver parts. May be required to drive, back, and park class 8 vehicles. May also be required to operate a forklift for loading and unloading delivery trucks. FOR LAREDO ONLY: Must be bilingual in English and Spanish for the purpose of verbal and written communication.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.