Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: To issue parts and supplies to the technicians in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible.
- Issues purchase orders per company guidelines to approved parts suppliers.
- Ensures parts are purchased from the lowest cost provider.
- Stocks parts and issues parts to technicians and Swift drivers when needed.
- Delivers parts to designated bays and picks up return parts.
- Ensurers parts are charged out to repair orders and maintains inventory controls.
- Reviews return part warranty tags and ensures they are accurate and the part is stored and organized so it can be returned to the supplier or for core if they are not requested by the supplier.
- Ensures parts are charged to owner operators and customers through the maintenance Repair Order system.
- Responsible for reporting shortages, overages, and pricing discrepancies immediately to the Parts Manager and Service Manager.
- May be required to load and unload suppliers devlivery trucks by hand and with a fork lift.
- May be required to drive, back, and park class 8 vehicles as required to run the shop efficently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skills: Computer keyboarding, valid drivers license, general knowledge of the city, must be Forklift Certified. Positon requires lifting over 50 lbs, bending, twisting, walking to and from the shop bays to deliver parts. May be required to drive, back, and park class 8 vehicles. May also be required to operate a forklift for loading and unloading delivery trucks. FOR LAREDO ONLY: Must be bilingual in English and Spanish for the purpose of verbal and written communication.
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience Required: Parts experience helpful.