At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
As a Driver Recruiter, you will have the opportunity to affect several different business areas and influence positive change throughout our organization by identifying talent for our Driving Associate positions. You can expect to engage with drivers on a one on one basis and establish rapport with potential Driver Associates by seeking to understand their career goals and interest and providing them with opportunities we have available. This position is a critical role in the company and is responsible for ensuring that we hire qualified Driving Associates to improve Driver Retention and Safety.
The ideal candidate for the Driver Recruiter position would have previous experience in one of the following areas: call center, cold calling, enrollment advisor or sales experience. In addition, candidates should have a positive attitude, be a team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment. They should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment, problem-solving skills, and be a good listener.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Required: one-year recruiting experience or one year outside sales experience (professional level) or one year OTR driving experience with Swift/MS or four years transportation experience or a Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for required experience.
What we offer:
Our benefits are top notch. Sure, we could wow you with the normal benefits plan, but we decided to kick it into overdrive and see if we can push the pedal to the metal. These benefits are so hot, you need A/C on full blast to read this list.
- Bonus pay based on company performance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discount
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Recruit, screen, interview and hire qualified Driver applicants to improve Driver retention and safety standards.
- Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing openings while maintaining current knowledge of transportation laws, DOT regulations, and Company hiring criteria, as well as maintaining and promoting Company safety goals.
- Offer Driver applicants the most current information. Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Utilize computers and computer systems to set up functions, enter data, or process information, while ensuring that departmental policies and procedures are followed to the highest standard..
- Interview, gather, and analyze information skillfully to obtain a complete application and pre-qualify applicants.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, pay, and specialty and dedicated opportunities.
- Read, review, and understand both MVRs and DAC Reports.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, representing the organization to customers, the public, vendors, schools, and other external sources. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- May perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Extensive travel, as required.
- Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; excellent verbal and written communication skills; sound judgment and problem solving skills; thorough and detail oriented; good listening skills; self-motivated and good interpersonal skills; constantly maintain a professional appearance.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Required: One year recruiting experience or one year outside sales experience (professional level) or one year OTR driving experience with Swift/MS or four years transportation experience or a Bachelors degree may be substituted for required experience.