Driver Leader 2
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Lead a fleet of 10+ drivers and manage driver availability to maximize productivity of their fleet. Routinely review P/L for assigned area and find ways to maximize profitability.
- Develop high performing drivers through daily interactions, coaching and positive reinforcement.
- Meet drive home time expectations by actively managing expectations and keeping commitments.
- Maximize P/L for all assigned tractors and trailers.
- Proactively manage safety performance to achieve insurance and claims cost as a percentage of revenue targets.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2185
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 2+ years' in Operations and/or Planning and/or Customer Accounts required.
- Associates degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Must be able to lead others.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in high pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.