Lead Diesel Mechanic
Sign on Bonus: up to $5,000.00
Pay: Competitive Wages
Shift: Mon-Fri 7am-4pm
Accelerate your Career!
Regardless, if you're a seasoned mechanic or just beginning your career, come join the team that can take you to the next level. When you join the Swift Team, you have a powerful force of experienced diesel technicians, Leaders, and Trainers behind you. One that always has your back. We’re one of the biggest fleets on the road and we make our presence known, with more than 13,000 trucks, 60,000 trailers, 12,000 company drivers, and over 700 fleet technicians. We’re dedicated to those who keep our trucks moving and we need skilled diesel mechanics to be the backbone of our fleet.
Join a team that provides hands-on OEM training with manufacturers such as Freightliner, International, Volvo, Cummins, and Detroit. Our fleet mechanics enjoy continual opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, etc.)
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Truck & Trailer components.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
What we offer:
Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- 401(K) Company Match
- Overtime Eligible
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance, Health and Dependent FSA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
- Tool / Boot Purchase Program
- Quarterly Bonus
- Immediate holiday pay
- Uniforms w/ laundry service
- Continual shop technician web/ hands-on training
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=6856
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Entry-level knowledge of vehicle systems and basic vehicle maintenance preferred.
- High School or combination of training and/or experience required.
- Drivers license required.
- Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders.
- Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We look forward to you joining the team!