Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Provide high quality security services to protect the interests of Swift, its employees and its customers. This is achieved through securing buildings and property, restriction of unwanted access and deterrence of criminal activity through high visibility and proactive security patrols.
- Enforce authorized access control and entry to buildings and property by employees and visitors.
- Escort visitors and regularly patrol and monitor relevant areas when contractors are on-site.
- Patrol entire campus, both outdoors and within interior buildings for suspicious activity and safety hazards. Document and report findings according to post orders.
- Monitor multiple alarm systems and ensure proper resources are involved in resolution.
- Provide proactive theft prevention monitoring of Swift trucks, trailers, and loaded equipment on yard. Document all issues, and ensure proper escalation of issues to SOC.
- Perform issue resolution when needed, deescalating conflicts. Assist in responding to emergencies, guiding first responders to fire or medical situations as needed.
- Execute constant vigilant monitoring to observe and report unusual incidents. Document in sufficient detail necessary to preserve relevant details in the event reports are used by law enforcement or court proceedings.
- Enforce company parking policies, including logging of violations by repeat offenders and working with HR to address compliance. Manage abandoned vehicle and tow procedures. Provide traffic and/or crowd control support as needed.
- Execute duties to manage Swift OS&D product, accepting returns and ensuring RN number is established and all documentation is properly completed.
- Maintain and enforce employee property policies. Maintain log of enforcer locks removed on yard to ensure return to proper driver. Ensure that employee lost property is handled according to established guidelines.
- Remain in constant radio contact with other security/yard/office personnel.
- Document and maintain all records, logs and reports as needed for all activities, special events, unusual occurrences, gate breaks and specific instructions/alerts. Maintain pass-on log to inform on-coming officers of the events during prior shifts.
- May administer the company lock kit program for driver's locks, terminal locks and designed on-site customer lock programs, including tracking of locks and codes, and ordering or locks/parts.
- May assist in managing the Swift Employee Access Program.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=6728
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Minimum 1 year related experience required.
- Previous experience operating and monitoring multiple CCTV monitors and cameras preferred.
- Experience in trucking industry preferred.
- High School Degree or GED or equivalent; required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be reliable and available to work nights and/or weekends, and/or holidays based on company schedule.
- Must be able to drive a golf cart.
- Must be able to work outside in the elements (heat, rain, wind, etc.)
- Must be able to work effectively under highly stressful conditions.
- Must be able to interpret moderately difficult written information and take appropriate action.
- Must be able to effectively communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to rapidly prioritize a variety of tasks and take appropriate action.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment and computer software to perform simple clerical tasks.
- Must have proven experience in exercising diplomacy when dealing with people in sensitive situations.
- Must have exceptional listening techniques in order to quickly obtain complete and accurate information.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected