CDL Driver Instructor
Our CDL training programs are growing faster than we can hire drivers to help us train individuals who are just getting started in trucking. Our staff development program will allow you to grow as the company grows. This is a career not just a job. If you value a culture of trust and openness, we need you to help us build our driving school. Use your experience and knowledge to contribute to a successful business. Be part of an enthusiastic team. Purpose, culture, and recognition drives our company while offering competitive compensation that pays you what you are worth.
Other advantages of being part of our team includes:
- Paid PTO
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 401K & Employee Stock Purchase Program
With a good driving record and only 2 years of driving experience required, we are ready to get you qualified as a professional driver trainer.
Call our Hiring Leader today at (801) 924-7435.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Train and/or evaluate student drivers ensuring they possess the skills to become a licensed commercial driver. If incumbent has acquired and maintains CDL Examiner certification issued by State, may administer exams as needed.
- As a CDL instructor, you are a key contributor to training this nation's next generation of Drivers. In this role you will train and/or evaluate student drivers ensuring they possess the skills to become a licensed commercial driver. This job requires working outside in all types of weather conditions and standing or walking 80% of the day. Incumbents deliver hands-on training related to performing safety inspections of the truck and trailer, backing up, navigating turns, and driving in all types of traffic and road conditions. Each day, you will determine if students are ready to move from the range to the road.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2383
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 3+ years' truck driving experience. Must be able to qualify as a CDL driver by meeting company requirements including, but not limited to:
- Must have fewer than 3 moving violations within a 5 year period (no more than 1 within 12 months).
- Must have no history of a DUI or DWI within the last 5yrs or 1 within the last 15yrs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates preferred.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to handle changing priorities.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must engage in on going education relating to teaching skills as part of faculty improvement to maintain post-secondary education requirements of the state in which the Academy is licensed.
- Must maintain Professional Truck driver Institute (PTDI) and Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA) standards and complete a minimum of two American Association for Vocational School modules annually.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.