When you join the Swift mechanic team, you have a powerful force behind you. One that always has your back. We’re one of the biggest fleets on the road and we make our presence known, with more than 16,000 trucks, 60,000 trailers, and 16,000 company drivers. We’re dedicated to those to keeping our trucks moving and we need skilled technicians to be the backbone of our fleet.
Join a team that provides hands on OEM training with manufactures such as Freightliner, International, Volvo, Cummins, and Detroit. Our technicians enjoy continual opportunities for growth and career advancement.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Free Uniforms provided with Laundry Service
- Life insurance – Swift Provides Basic Life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Bonus Program
- Vendor Discounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) 2 weeks (80 hours) your first year. Save up to 560 hours!
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, ect).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Truck & Trailer components.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description:
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 0+ years experience with on the job training or diploma in vehicle maintenance from vocational or trade school required (mechanic level is evaluated during the job interview
- Must possess the tools required to accomplish the essential job results required.
- High School or combination of training and/or experience required.
- Drivers license required.
- Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders.
- Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
Pay range depending on experience: $17- $36 an hour.
We look forward to you joining the team!