Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
To provide support to Academy Instructors by coordinating, monitoring, and tracking, students upon arrival through to completion of school and hire or termination while supporting management.
- Coordinate, schedule and monitor student orientation, CDL test appointments, transportation, lodging, and meal assistance for students; assist Recruiters/Processors and compliance with student files for accuracy and completion.
- Create, complete and manage student's files according to Company requirements and state standards for licensing and audits as well as outside accreditation agencies.
- Act as a liaison with Company Student Loan department for student contracts, verifications, certificates and payments.
- Provide administrative/secretarial support to Academy Manager, Academy staff, and Instructors; ensure effective operation of departments (typing, filing, answering telephones, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, etc.).
- Prepare and complete special projects, reports and distributes as needed.
- Process and track documentation, such as exit/re-entry interviews and flow of re-entry forms, including confidential information in personnel records.
- Track and monitor all payables including Greyhound for accurate charges and credits issued.
- Monitor and report outside funding such as Veterans Association and Workforce Improvement Act.
- Report to all licensing and governmental required reports.
- Responsible for accurately keying data in AS400 for Company access.
- Manage Instructors and student personnel regarding personnel files to Company standards and file required licensing applications once hired.
- Maintain status of a DOT and non-DOT qualified collector for both hair and/or urine sample collections. Track students' drug screens, Workwell, and DOT physicals for completion and filing.
- Ensure DMV/DPS required documents, receipts, and permits are received and filed appropriately.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2003
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Three years office experience required.
- HSD or equivalent required.
- Qualified collector or able to become qualified within 30 days of hire, required.
- Must possess basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must possess advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to manage and motivate employees.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan