Management Development Program Associate
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
The Management Development Program is designed to provide an intense rotational program, involving core functional areas at Swift over a 12 month period. Incumbents work closely with assigned HR mentor to develop business skills and effectively prepare for opportunities within the organization. The primary program focus is to provide a uniquely well-rounded perspective relative to Swifts goals, objectives, and best-practice procedures. To successfully graduate from the program, participants provide written recommendations on ways to address current business challenge by collaborating with leaders and conducting in-depth research and data analysis. Participates present findings to a leadership team.
- Customer Accounts: focus on understanding contracts and ensuring customers are meeting the terms of the agreements
- Solicit business using daily available capacity.
- Serve as extension of sales to expand business revenue by exploring all dedicated, rail and logistics opportunities.
- Serve as customer's first line of communication and refer the customer to proper departments if/when necessary.
- Monitor and trace loads and provide customers with status updates.
- Learn customer contractual requirements relative to trailer pools.
- Planner: focus on understanding market and how to plan loads for safe deliveries.
- Assign loads based on customer requirements and driver availability that maximizes profitability.
- Determine balance, capacity and demand of loads and trucks and assign loads to trucks.
- Gain in-depth understanding of market region and/or customer base.
- Review reports, identify waste opportunities and provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Driver Leader: focus on understanding leadership, driver safety, risk management
- Lead a fleet of 10+ drivers.
- Develop high performing drivers through daily interactions, coaching and positive reinforcement.
- Distribute work equitably, recognizing some lanes are less than desirable.
- Meet driver home time expectations by actively managing expectations and keeping commitments.
- Maximize P/L for all assigned tractors and trailers.
- Pricing: focus on learning how to build bids and/or reponses to RFP's in support of sales function.
- Gain understanding of the bid and Request for Proposals (RFP) processes.
- Review customer contracts and related documents for accuracy and compliance with company policies and alignment with business objectives.
- Analyze large data sets for risk management, growth and network optimization.
- Prepare value add rate proposals that account for customer freight and Swift network needs.
- Other areas:
- identify other corporate departments (Risk Management, Human Resources, Finance, etc.,) to gain working understanding of business
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2324
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Previous experience in transportation preferred.
- Bachelor's in related field required.
- Must possess desire to learn and grow in knowledge of the transportation industry and company.
- Must possess ability to place safety and driver retention at forefront of all activities.
- Must be willing to commit to company's vision.
- Must be flexible and able to quickly grasp and apply new information and/or concepts.
- Must possess excellent and professional communication skills.
- Must be able to receive information and/or feedback from a wide variety of people.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to multi-task.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.