We're hiring immediately for this great opportunity!
As a Driver Manager, we are looking for someone who has a positive attitude and can be flexible in a fast-moving environment. An ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate with a diverse audience, is detail oriented, great at building rapport with others and possesses excellent organization skills. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who loves to interact with people and support our driving associates. We take great pride in providing great service to our customers and driving associates, which is why customer service experience is a must. Please take a moment to review the additional requirements for this position:
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Lead a fleet of 10+ drivers and manage driver availability to maximize productivity of their fleet. Routinely review P/L for assigned area and find ways to maximize profitability.
- Develop high performing drivers through daily interactions, coaching and positive reinforcement.
- Meet drive home time expectations by actively managing expectations and keeping commitments.
- Maximize P/L for all assigned tractors and trailers.
- Collaborate with Planner(s) and assign drivers to lanes that best serve both the company and the driver.
- Ensure all drivers are treated with respect and equitably distribute work (desired lanes/least desired lanes).
- Build and nurture long-lasting relationships with drivers.
- Proactively manage safety performance to achieve insurance and claims cost as a percentage of revenue targets.
- Ensure payroll accuracy for assigned drivers.
- Perform driver reviews according to scheduled specified by Driver Retention.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations and perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Education: Associates degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required. Bachelor's preferred.
- Experience Required: 2+ years' in Operations and/or Planning and/or Customer Accounts required.
Let’s be honest, this is not your first time scrolling through a corporate website looking for a job. So, why Swift? We understand people leave companies if they are not offered rewarding, challenging work. People look for new opportunities if they are not surrounded by coworkers and leaders they trust. At Swift, we have some of the most amazing passionate hard-working people you will ever meet. We have adopted the approach that everyone makes decisions based on the best interest of the company
So far you seem to like us, let us tell you more about how awesome we are. Our benefits are top notch. Sure, we could wow you with the normal benefits plan, but we decided to kick it into overdrive and see if we can push the pedal to the metal. These benefits are so hot, you need A/C on full blast to read this list.
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Connect ®
- Legal Connect ®
- Estate Guidance ®
- GuidanceResources ®
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discounts