Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Instruct new CDL holders at our Top Gun Academy in driving techniques with the use of tractor simulations that replicate over the road training and backing. Use of the Training deck to test the skills from the simulator will translate to the real world.
- Completed daily proficiency paperwork for each student and submit to Training Director for Review.
- Evaluate and coach students on driving techniques and backing utilizing the simulator(s).
- Evaluate students on maneuvering course to confirm proficiencies.
- Conduct classroom-based training with students.
- Facilitate hands on/non-driving training utilizing stations, classroom, technology, and company equipment (tractor/trailer).
- Coordinate with CDL & Recruiting team to make sure we have the most qualified candidates for Top Gun Academy.
- Work closely with Top Gun leadership to develop additional simulator content and suggest improvements.
- Ensure all coursework coincides with Company Safety Guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Proactively works to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=7139
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Two years' truck driving experience. Must be able to qualify for hire with Swift Transportation as a CDL driver by meeting requirements including, but not limited to:
- Must have fewer than 3 moving violations within a 5 year period (no more than 1 within 12 months).
- Must have fewer than 2 suspensions within 3yrs (this excludes child support).
- Must have no history of a DUI or DWI within the last 5yrs or 1 within the last 15yrs.
- Must have fewer than 2 preventable accidents within 5 yrs.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) road test.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Must be able to be on feet, on hard surface, for eighty percent or more of shift (i.e. standing and walking while instructing and observing students while on the Range).
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have advanced communication skills and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle changing priorities.
- Must engage in on going education relating to teaching skills as part of faculty improvement to maintain post-secondary education requirements of the state in which the Academy is licensed.
- Must maintain Professional Truck driver Institute (PTDI) and Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA) standards and complete a minimum of two American Association for Vocational School modules annually.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.