Logistics Weekend Transportation Coordinator
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Route, dispatch, track and trace shipments for KNX Logistics. Provide outstanding customer service as first point of contact for customers.
- Utilize network balance capacity tools and knowledge of customer wide networks and transportation modes (OTR, LTL, Rail, Drayage, Ocean Containers, Parcel and Warehousing) to align available capacity with customer needs.
- Tailor load scheduling to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Pro-actively communicate daily capacity needs/opportunities to appropriate leadership.
- Schedule and/or reschedule delivery appointments for all loads.
- Accept or decline loads based on direction from designated Logistics personnel and enter loads from customer tenders into system (TMS or Select).
- Provide backup support for load planning as needed.
- Work with designated department personnel to successfully dispatch loads.
- Identify pick up and delivery opportunities which assist in meeting customer needs and transport freight in a safe and timely manner.
- Monitor and report daily pick-ups and deliveries; anticipate, provide and facilitate problem resolution on all shipment issues in order to meet or exceed satisfaction of carriers, shippers and customer teams.
- Conduct follow up and update designated personnel and leadership on problem loads and actions that have been taken.
- Communicate with carriers, shippers and customer teams to ensure trucks are properly loaded and unloaded; provide detailed directions/instructions to carriers as needed. Update receivers and customers on load status as appropriate.
- Investigate product overage, shortage and damage; complete appropriate documentation.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=3046
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 2+ years experience and/or training within logistics, transportation and/or customer service required.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Must possess basic understanding/knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have basic knowledge/familiarity with MS Office.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.