Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
The Lead Mechanic (LM) will manage shop workflow to include scheduling, planning & assigning work within their team, while ensuring quality repairs and maintenance in a high-performance environment. Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Assists mechanics and provide guidance in diagnostics and repair procedures.
- Perform routine quality assurance inspections.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, ect).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs for Heavy Duty Truck Tractors, Trucks and Trailers.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=6859
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 5+ years' related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- High School or combination of training and/or experience required.
- Completion of related technician certification program preferred.
- Drivers license required.
- Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders.
- Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.