Front End Developer
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”. To abide by social distancing guidelines and local regulations, our current hiring process may include telephone or video call interviews and onboarding will be provided virtually when possible, or in-person in accordance with physical distancing guidelines.
With our own award-winning airline, the largest resort chain across the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America with over 30 properties, a destination management company and retail businesses, Sunwing is uniquely positioned to be with customers throughout their entire vacation journey.
Click here to learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe.
As a Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for creating a best-in-class experience across Sunwing Travel Group’s web and mobile portfolio. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will work closely with various stakeholders, designers and the development team to translate and integrate UI/UX mock-ups into responsive websites and applications for the Sunwing Travel Group.
You will have a strong commitment to collaborative problem-solving to implement complex design and deliver quality products. As a motivated team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, you will be proficient in working with multiple groups and departments across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with various stakeholders, designers, and development team to translate and integrate UI/UX mock-ups into responsive websites and applications for the Sunwing Travel Group that meets brand guidelines, performance goals and business objectives
- Strive to create and maintain clean code and engage in peer code reviews
- Provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment
- Identify issues and develop solutions and processes that address and resolve them
- Unit and integration testing as per standards and design specifications
- Participate in on-going discussions and contribute ideas that speak to project objectives like design, user experience, development, testing solutions, and tools
- Understanding of long-term goals and objectives while designing and implementing solutions
- Contribute to project plans, estimations and status updates
- Manage multiple assignments while working independently or as part of an integrated team
- Demonstrate the ability to estimate project effort and meet deadlines
- Prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and agile environment with strong attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidate will have 4-5 years of experience in the following:
- Experience with Gatsby, SASS or LESS is a plus
- Strong experience with using NPM, and Webpack to build and streamline processes
- Proven ability to translate approved UI / UX design mock-ups to feature-rich, pixel-perfect websites and web applications
- Ability to write clean, modular, high-performance, reusable code/ UI components/libraries
- Strong knowledge of web development best practices, web accessibility and common design patterns
- Experience working with large websites, agencies, content management systems (Contentful, CraftCMS, WordPress), e-commerce platforms, and backend frameworks (.NET, PHP)
- Experience integrating RESTful services and APIs
- Experience integrating GraphQL is a plus
- Excellent communication, analytical and time management skills
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, planning, and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Proven experience in Agile / Kanban software development methodology, and continuous integration environments
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, TFS (TFVC)
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel-loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 859 2973.