Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We want to continue to do our part to help end this pandemic, protect our employees and those vacationing with us, and to support the travel industry’s full recovery. Sunwing requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for our new and existing employees. We will make accommodations for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To learn more about our vaccination policy, follow this link: https://bit.ly/2X4TOOk
Also, learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://bit.ly/3ngVrne
You are capable of working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Adapting your time and workflow to the most pressing issues at hand will be essential. Your communication skills are excellent. You will be responsible for the effective communication for day-to-day operations and activities of Sunwing Airlines, while maintaining operational efficiency and standard. You will report directly to the Manager, Commercial OCC.
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
- Great travel perks!
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor day-of flight schedule and make proactive decisions to maintain the integrity of the flight schedule
- Evaluate schedule outcomes and contingencies in Sunwing’s flight schedule and propose actions to improve on time performance (OTP)
- Monitor and apply for curfew exemption requests in conjunction with the OCC Duty Manager
- Coordinate operational activities across the Sunwing network (catering, ground handling, passenger handling, etc.)
- Assist with contingency and recovery planning during major irregular operations (IROPs) events by communicating the plan of action to all departments/providers involved in a timely and effective fashion
- Monitor passenger welfare, tarmac delays and passenger convenience relating to connecting passengers and special services
- Manage and oversee internal communication tools
- Disseminate all information relating to delays and IROPs and communicate changes to the flight schedule and operational plan clearly and concisely
- Facilitate abnormal incident response and other critical communications through the email notices and alerts.
- Respond to questions/concerns regarding passenger care and compensation from Ground Operations teams during a delay
- Ensure regulatory requirements pertaining to passengers affected by a delay are followed at all stations
- Apply for and manage Cuban Overflight Permit monthly applications
- Support all leadership and regulatory responsibilities of the OCC Duty Manager
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of two years of work experience in an Airline Operations Centre will be an asset
- Post-secondary education in Aviation Management or a related field, or an equivalent level of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience with Operations Control Airline software is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of computer applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Committed to teamwork; understands the concept of working towards a common goal
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, planning, and administrative skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, work independently, be flexible, reliable, and prioritize workload
- Must be able to work shift work
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us, follow this link: https://bit.ly/3DYzBel to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email [email protected]