Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Are you searching for a fun, passionate, travel loving team? –Sunwing has the EPIC work culture you have been searching for. We are currently looking for a Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) you will be is responsible for performing scheduled maintenance, system trouble shooting, and defect rectification on Company aircraft. You have a passion for aviation, are highly motivated, and are a self-starter. You work effectively with a team and independently. The position reports to the Regional Line Maintenance Manager and will be located in Vancouver, BC. Apply now and have your career soar to new heights - under out wing!
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel-loving team!
- Great travel perks!
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
What You’ll Do:
- Carry-out all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance as assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor or Line Manager
- Ensure condition and safety of all Sunwing tools and equipment
- Maintain the general housekeeping of all Sunwing work spaces
- Carry out the maintenance on Company aircraft consistent with standards of airworthiness and the quality requirements of this MCM
- Carry out the aircraft check packages
- Ensure that all tooling required for each individual assigned task are in a satisfactory condition and within its calibrations date
- Maintain the upkeep and stock levels of all company property and offices
- Communicate through the Aircraft Maintenance Certifying Engineer the status of their assigned aircraft throughout their shift
- Guide Aircraft Maintenance Apprentices throughout their assigned duties on shift
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma
- Must have completed a recognized apprenticeship program, and/or have a least 4 years' industry related experience
- Possession of a Transport Canada AME M2 license (Mandatory)
- Possession of valid driver's license (Mandatory)
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam
- Be available to work nights, evenings and days including weekends and holidays.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card with a Driver Airside Permit. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Endorsements on Sunwing Airlines aircraft types considered an asset
Possession of a current security clearance is considered an asset
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We want to continue to do our part to help end this pandemic, protect our employees and those vacationing with us, and to support the travel industry’s full recovery. Sunwing requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for our new and existing employees. We will make accommodations for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To learn more about our vaccination policy, follow this link: https://rb.gy/b2xavb
Also, learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://rb.gy/havndq
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us, follow this link: https://rb.gy/uqytsl to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org