Contract- Bilingual Baggage Claims Coordinator
Sunwing Airlines Inc.
The Bilingual Baggage Claims Coordinator will be responsible for assisting passengers through their claims process such as baggage
- Answer telephone inquiries with regards to a mishandled bag.
- Maintain Baggage Database/Tracing system (WorldTracer) and ensure that it is always up-to-date.
- Continued communication with customers and stations on the status of a mishandled bag.
- Create and process rush and on-hand bags on WorldTracer.
- Arrange alternative flight for baggage delivery of a delayed bag.
- Create and arrange courier delivery of bags to passenger addresses.
- Log lost and found items onboard and report to Central Baggage Manager/Supervisor.
- Respond to email communications within other stations and Central Baggage.
- Analyze and investigate all claims received pertaining to a mishandled bag.
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries with regards to a mishandled bag.
- Research and provide resolution to customers’ baggage concerns.
- Timely and consistent communications with customers about their baggage claim.
- Provide timely and empathetic resolution to customers’ inquiries; either verbally, electronically or written.
- Solid understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in French and English both verbal and written is required.
- Exceptional customer service focus and has genuine empathy for customers.
- Self-motivated with effective time management skills, able to manage a varied workload.
- Exceptional written, electronic and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Skillful at analyzing written and/or verbal communications to determine the ‘meaning behind the words.
- Able to be persistent, tenacious and diplomatic in investigative approach.
- Be a relationship builder.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Customer Service experience in a travel related or hospitality environment.
- World Tracer knowledge an asset.
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast-paced, dynamic, highly productive department.
- Continuous interaction with other departments, partners and service providers.
- Ability to work shifts hours.
- Ability to work holiday, weekend and overnight shifts.
- Able to work individually but still be part of a team.
Fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by May 30, 2019. We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing Airlines, our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.