Systems & Border Compliance Supervisor
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We want to continue to do our part to help end this pandemic, protect our employees and those vacationing with us, and to support the travel industry’s full recovery. Sunwing requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for our new and existing employees. We will make accommodations for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To learn more about our vaccination policy, follow this link: https://bit.ly/2X4TOOk
Also, learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://bit.ly/3ngVrne
You are a leader who is team oriented and are interested and/or have experience in the Aviation industry. You have a keen attention to detail and prioritize clear communication with those who are to be responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed. Reporting to the Manager of Systems and Special Operations, you will assist in creating an environment that prioritizes growth for the team and partake in the creation of systems related resolutions and updates to streamline airline processes.
With a passion for giving the team a great experience, you work to develop positive relationships with candidates and business partners. You excel at candidate generation, client management, organization, and time management. You are proactive, innovative, and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
What You’ll Be a Part Of!
- Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel-loving team!
- Great travel perks!
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
What You’ll Do:.
- Check to ensure the data in the DCS remains updated and relevant.
- Guide the DCC team in making educated decisions regarding passenger admissibility.
- Maintain and update systems and procedural related documentation.
- publish team schedules, schedule team meetings, and assist in creating a growing environment for team members.
- Submit payroll documentation for the DCC team.
- Fill in for DCC team members when required.
- Collect and respond to notifications from Airports and internal teams to study issues raised with Sunwing Systems.
- Assist in making assessments pertaining to ticketing priority.
- Assist in the set-up of new or re-opened airports pertaining to hardware placement and software testing.
- Communicate with the Systems and Special Operations Manager regarding systems failures or issues as well as short-term and long-term solutions.
- Assist in creating documentation and communications to internal and external teams regarding systems updates or outages.
- Seek out, obtain, read, and comprehend changes to border compliance regulations as published by country border agencies
- Communicate with the DDC team and Systems and Special Operations Manager regarding changes to regulations or guidance.
- Communicate with internal and external teams regarding changes, updates and issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of computer applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Committed to teamwork; understands the concept of working towards a common goal
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, planning, and administrative skills
- Ability to work well under extreme pressure, work independently, be flexible, reliable, and prioritize workload
- A willingness to be on call
- Knowledge of airport or airline operations is an asset.
- Experience previously managing/supervising a team (of any size) preferred
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us, follow this link: https://bit.ly/3DYzBel to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email [email protected]