Senior Manager Commercial, Operations Control Centre
Sunwing Airlines Inc.
The Senior Manager Commercial, Operations Control Centre will be responsible to ensure people, processes and procedures align in order to guarantee safety, regulatory compliance and a passenger centric operation. The role will report to the Vice-President, Commercial Operations and will be located in Toronto, Ontario.
- Oversight of daily operations: maintain schedule integrity, fleet allocation for the best operational result and cost efficiencies and drive recovery of schedules from irregular operations
- Participate in recruitment, training and manage direct reports’ schedules
- Create, maintain, revise and update department manual and procedures
- Propose continuous improvement of processes and procedure
- Must be available on call for all operational challenges escalated
- Escalate operational challenges to the appropriate Executive, ERCO or TAT as required
- Main contact for all internal and external clients for OCC related matters
- Work Closely with the Chief Dispatcher, Maintenance Operations Manager, Crew Scheduling Manager, Airport Services Managers to ensure alignment and coordination of the operation and process improvements
- Other duties as assigned
- Airline Operations Management degree (or equivalent work experience)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an Operations Control Centre or as an Airport Duty Manager
- Preferred experience as a Flight Dispatcher, Crew Scheduler or Airport Services Supervisor
- Thorough understanding of all areas of the Airline operation and regulatory regime
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Ability to travel for business on short notice, domestically and internationally
- Requires flexibility to work off-business hours, including holidays
- Required to hold company phone and be available on-call during off hours and weekends
- Fast-paced and deadline-oriented work environment.
- Flexibility and personal time commitment
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by May 30, 2019. We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.At Sunwing Airlines, our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.