Are you searching for a fun, passionate, travel loving team? –Sunwing has the EPIC work culture you have been searching for. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Planner to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Maintenance Planner you will monitor the computerized maintenance system for upcoming requirements. They will plan and schedule maintenance activities for Sunwing’s fleet of aircraft, to ensure compliance with the Approved Maintenance Program, regulatory, and operational requirements. The position reports to the Planning Manager and will be located in Toronto, ON. Apply now and have your career soar to new heights - under out wing!
- Remote and/or Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Great travel perks!
- Goodlife Corporate Discount
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Growth opportunities
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Fresh Café with delicious snacks and meals at a subsidized price!
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor both short and long term maintenance requirements utilizing AMOS software
- Plan efficient aircraft ground slots to ensure tasks and/or checks are able to be performed in accordance with the Airline Maintenance Planning policies and procedures
- Liaise with Production and Commercial departments to ensure that all scheduled work parameters are met by, provisioning ground time for scheduled maintenance tasks
- Prepare and distribute check packages (A, C, and Import, Export) including daily Work packages for short term requirements, Utilizing various airline software and computerized documentation systems. (AMOS, My Boeing Fleet, PDF, Sunwing Ops, fttp websites)
- Liaise with various internal departments, management and external maintenance providers domestically, as well as overseas locations to execute planned maintenance
- Ensure that all required resources to complete the planned work scope have been arranged and are available including facilities, materials ,tooling and third party support
- Maintain oversight of aircraft maintenance events, updating operational and commercial departments of changing timelines and release to service dates
- Participate in meetings to understand strategic goals and objectives of the airline with respect to overall operation
- Highlight areas of conflicting work and ground time and propose solutions while minimizing operational and financial impact
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- 3 or more years hands-on in airline maintenance planning or in airline maintenance environment.
- Hands-on experience in a planning position in an airline environment.
- Working knowledge of Airline software applications, AIMS, AMOS is preferable.
- Must be able to work under pressure, have the ability to make sound decisions in challenging situations and prioritize requirements.
- Must have the ability to take initiative on a given task and persist with the task to its completion.
- AME licence or related experience to support an equivalent level of knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written.
- Team Player
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We want to continue to do our part to help end this pandemic, protect our employees and those vacationing with us, and to support the travel industry’s full recovery. Sunwing requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for our new and existing employees. We will make accommodations for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To learn more about our vaccination policy, follow this link: https://rb.gy/b2xavb
Also, learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://rb.gy/havndq
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us, follow this link: https://rb.gy/uqytsl to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org