Bilingual Baggage Claims Coordinator (French/ English)
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We want to continue to do our part to help end this pandemic, protect our employees and those vacationing with us, and to support the travel industry’s full recovery. Sunwing requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for our new and existing employees. We will make accommodations for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To learn more about our vaccination policy, follow this link: https://bit.ly/2X4TOOk
Also, learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://bit.ly/3ngVrne
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
- Great travel perks!
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
You are self-motivated and have effective time management skills. You possess exceptional customer service focus and genuine empathy for customers. Reporting to the Baggage Service Manager, you will be responsible for tracing and resolving customer concerns related to their mishandled baggage, from start to end. With the ability to be persistent, tenacious and demonstrate great investigative skills, you are able to analyze written and/or verbal communications.
As a Coordinator, you excel at providing exceptional written or communication skills and build rapport with the customers. You are highly organized, efficient and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Baggage tracing & station tracing
- Respond to all phone calls and emails related to the position
- Maintain baggage database/tracing system World Tracer up-to-date
- Keep passengers & stations updated on the status of their file/claim
- Research and respond to customer service complaints
- Analyze and investigate all claims received pertaining to delayed, lost or damaged baggage
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries, update travel agents and customers on the status of their concerns, and provide consultation as appropriate on policy inquiries.
- Timely and consistent communications with customers with open cases.
- Provide timely and empathetic responses to customers’ inquiries; either verbally, electronically or written
- Solid understanding of company policies and procedures
- Create and process rush and on-hand bags on WorldTracer and arrange an alternative flight for baggage delivery
- Create and arrange courier delivery of bags to passenger addresses
- Log lost and found items onboard and report to Central Baggage Manager/Supervisor
- Respond to email communications within other stations and Central Baggage
- Other duties as required
What You’ll Need:
- Fluency in French and English both verbal and written is required.
- Exceptional customer service focus and has genuine empathy for customers.
- Self-motivated with effective time management skills, able to manage a varied workload.
- World Tracer knowledge an asset
- Exceptional written, electronic, and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Skillful at analyzing written and/or verbal communications to determine the ‘meaning behind the words’; perceptive.
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us. Click here to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email [email protected]