Bilingual Baggage Claims Coordinator
Sunwing Airlines Inc.
The Baggage Claims Coordinator will be responsible for assisting passengers through their claims process such as baggage tracing and resolving their concerns. The Baggage Claims Coordinator will report to the Central Baggage Manager and will be located in Dorval, QC.
- Baggage tracing & YYZ station tracing – all duties entailed therein
- Respond to all phone calls and emails related to the position
- Maintain baggage database/tracing system World Tracer up-to-date
- Keep passengers & stations updated on the status of their file/claim
- Research and respond to customer service complaints
- Analyze and investigate all claims received pertaining to delayed, lost or damaged baggage
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries, updating travel agents and customers on the status of their concerns, and provide consultation as appropriate on policy inquiries
- Timely and consistent communications with customers with open cases
- Provide timely and empathetic responses to customers’ inquiries; either verbally, electronically or written
- Solid understanding of company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in French and English both verbal and written is required
- Exceptional customer service focus and has genuine empathy for customers
- Self-motivated with effective time management skills, able to manage a varied workload
- Exceptional written, electronic and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Skillful at analyzing written and/or verbal communications to determine the ‘meaning behind the words’; perceptive
- Able to be persistent, tenacious and diplomatic in investigative approach
- Be a relationship builder
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum 1-2 years of Customer Service experience in a travel related or hospitality environment
- World Tracer knowledge an asset
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast-paced, dynamic, highly productive department
- Continuous interaction with other departments, partners and service providers
- Ability to work shifts hours
- Ability to work holiday, weekend and overnight shifts
- Able to work individually but still be part of a team
- Fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by May 30, 2019. We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Sunwing will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.