Vice President / SVP of Sales & Marketing
Job Title: Vice President / SVP of Sales & Marketing
Term: Permanent Position
Location: Toronto, Ontario
27 Fasken Drive
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”. To abide by social distancing guidelines and local regulations, our current hiring process may include telephone or video call interviews and onboarding will be provided virtually when possible, or in-person in accordance with physical distancing guidelines.
With our own award-winning airline, the largest resort chain across the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America with over 30 properties, a destination management company and retail businesses, Sunwing is uniquely positioned to be with customers throughout their entire vacation journey.
Click here to learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe.
The Vice President / SVP of Sales and Marketing acts at a high level to develop and implement market and business development strategies. This individual leads the Sales and Marketing departments, at the corporate head office in Toronto, Ontario, and is responsible for directing all sales and marketing activities to accomplish the group’s revenue goals.
The Vice President / SVP of Sales and Marketing reports to the President and works closely with the General Managers and Director of Sales of the hotels and each Corporate Source Market segment responsible to determine appropriate sales strategies and activities in order to reach the Company’s revenue goals.
What You’ll Do:
Sales, Strategy and Business Relationships:
- Responsible for executing Contracting at main markets and segments, including guestrooms, weddings, meeting space and other hotel services.
- Provide guidance and support to Hotels DOS and Corporate Source Market segment sales directors.
- Development of new markets and new niches.
- Meets or exceeds budgets for all the hotels.
- Responsible for supervising all contracts, pricing, credit terms, warranties and delivery dates.
- Responsible to monitor and accomplish revenue production for the hotels, and meeting or exceeding planned sales objectives for occupancy and revenue flows.
- Monitors forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
- Knows the different destinations demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (additions to supply and demand, etc.) of each destination.
- Assists with development of the different hotel’s marketing and sales plans based on the groups’ position and strengths within each market segment.
- Prepares departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan.
- Develops and implements the global marketing and sales plan.
Marketing and Benchmarks:
- Responsible for an efficient network towards customers, industry influencers and employers.
- Responsible to communicate among internal and external customers accurate information about the Company`s new hotel services, programs, results, plans, etc.
- Responsible to observe the market, identity trend and monitor the main competitors.
- Analyzes and understands the competition’s strengths and weaknesses for each market segment and successfully directs marketing activities against each.
- Establish the competitive set for each market segment and takes advantage of the group strengths against each competitor.
- Participates in Key local and international trade shows or other promotional events.
- Develops marketing collateral materials and giveaways based on the inventory control.
- Reviews printed and digital marketing materials (fact sheets, brochures & web pages etc.) to assure accurate information and service compliance.
What You’ll Need:
- Four-year college degree in business, tourism, marketing, hotel management or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years proven successful experience in hospitality sales in a similar position or Company
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish and English fluently
- Strong project management, business writing and reporting skills
- Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
- Clear and concise communication among internal and external customers
- Ability to give effective presentations to customers is required
- Ability to use office equipment, strong computer knowledge and internet skills
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Service attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management, organizational skills and a pro-active approach
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel-loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
Benefits & Compensation:
- Medical and Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, RRSP matching, Vision care benefits
- Salary: To be negotiated: $150,000 to $250,000 plus bonus potential
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us. Click here to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email email@example.com or call 416 859 2973.