Join us in making vacation dreams come true!
Are you searching for a fun, passionate, travel loving team? –Sunwing has the EPIC work culture you have been searching for. We are currently looking for a Communications Specialist to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Communications Specialist you will be responsible for writing and distributing blog posts, articles, press releases, internal announcements and content for web and print. The Communications Specialist also proofreads copy and is involved in planning editorial content. This role is responsible for producing accurate, compelling and engaging copy across a multitude of channels and liaising with various parties both internally and externally for the purpose of content creation and fact-checking accuracy. The position reports to the Communication & PR Manager and will be located in Toronto, ON. Apply now and have your career soar to new heights - under out wing!
- Remote and/or Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Great travel perks!
- Goodlife Corporate Discount
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Growth opportunities
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Fresh Café with delicious snacks and meals at a subsidized price!
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
What You’ll Do:
- Draft internal communications, newsletters, press releases, blogs and distribute as required.
- Ensure all communications materials are written factually and have proper grammar, spelling and adhere to the Sunwing Communications Style Guide.
- Work with Communications & PR Manager to brainstorm future content and additions to style guide.
- Write compelling, persuasive copy that sells to help bring our products and services to life on our websites and in various publications.
- Liaise and work closely with content team to keep website content up-to-date.
- Brainstorm editorial content and liaise with internal and external parties to gather relevant information to write compelling materials. Write content for various publications including InFocus articles, co-op blogs and other editorial content as required.
- Understand, develop and capture the voice of focused Sunwing Travel Group brands, including Sunwing Vacations, Sunwing Airlines, Sunwing Weddings, LUXE, Blue Diamond Resorts, Nexus/Sunwing Experiences, SellOffVacations.com.
- Work across all channels to produce high quality, engaging copy adhering to brand standards and style guide, matching a variety of tones to match each brand.
- Curate and post content on LinkedIn.
- Proofread and edit brochures, flyers and magazines as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- One to three years of experience as a copywriter or similar
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, media, PR or similar
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Ability to translate messages into copy
- Demonstrated ability to adapt writing style for different audiences; detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy; focused on multitasking and meeting tight deadlines.
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
We want to continue to do our part to help end this pandemic, protect our employees and those vacationing with us, and to support the travel industry’s full recovery. Sunwing requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for our new and existing employees. We will make accommodations for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
To learn more about our vaccination policy, follow this link: https://rb.gy/b2xavb
Also, learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://rb.gy/havndq
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us, follow this link: https://rb.gy/uqytsl to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email email@example.com