Groups Sales Specialist
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel company in North America! Our Purpose: passionate people making vacation dreams come true.
Be epic! Our Values are entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative and customer-centric. Named one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing companies for 14 years in a row, we are looking for an epic Group Sales Specialist to join our team in Toronto, near Pearson Airport.
We're looking for a Group Sales Specialist to join the Group Sales team. You will generate new and repeat group travel sales through quote follow up and sales calls. Drive higher group margins with directional selling, negotiation and value add promotion. This position will report to the Group Sales Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop with the Group Sales Manager & Supervisors, a seasonal group sales plan, including effective sales and service techniques for quote generation and close ratios for retail and direct sales
- Meet KPI Targets for daily call follow up on current quotes both retail and direct.
- Implement effective sales and service techniques for daily follow up while meeting KPIs for conversion and interaction quality.
- Identify key group accounts, foster relationships and promote Sunwing as the first choice for group travel
- Once sales are closed, handover file to the Group Sales Representative with full group brief.
- Suggest tactical group promotions to stimulate sales to Manager and/or Payload – coordinate marketing of promotions with Sales and Marketing teams
- Liaise with the Sales Team on a continuous basis to ensure strong associations in the marketplace
- Provide input to Group Sales Management and Payload with regards to market intelligence (track competitor activity)
- Attend trades shows and road shows as requested by Group Sales Manager, make occasional sales calls to key agencies
- Continuous and motivated pursuit of product knowledge
- All other duties assigned by Management
What You’ll Need:
- Previous sales experience, 2 years minimum
- Demonstrates passion for customer and closing the sale
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to develop tight working relationship with peer group.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrates initiative
- Delivers excellence in customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with TTS or other reservations systems an asset
- TICO certification required
Environment and Scope:
- Department hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm EST.
- Fast paced environment
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
- Open concept, collaborative work space
- Fresh Café with delicious snacks and meals at a subsidized rate!
- Great travel perks!
- Roof top terrace in the summer
- Free Parking
- Daily Free Boot Camp and Yoga sessions
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
We have grown from the smallest tour operator in Canada to the largest vertically integrated travel company in North America.
So what does that mean? For Sunwing, it means all our products and services are offered in one vacation and all brands fall under the same parent company. We are comprised of leading leisure tour operators, travel retail, destination management, and hotel management.
We are: Sunwing Vacations and Signature Vacations; Sunwing Airlines, SunwingJets, a luxury private jet charter service, Vacation Express, a growing tour operator in the United States, SellOffVacations.com and Luxe Destination Weddings, our travel retail businesses, NexusTours, our destination management company offering ground transportation, popular tours and excursions, and Blue Diamond Resorts, the fastest growing hotel chain in the Caribbean. Blue Diamond operates popular resort brands including Planet Hollywood Hotels & Resorts, Royalton Luxury Resorts, Memories Resorts & Spa, Starfish Hotels & Resorts and Mystique Resorts across the Caribbean and Mexico.
We are also heavily involved in our communities! In 2015, we established the charitable initiative, Sunwing Foundation, to support the development of youth in the communities we operate in.
We are passionate people making vacation dreams come true!
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing diversity is important to us. We encourage applications from all humans and will provide, upon request, reasonable accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.