Post Closing Supervisor - Sign On Bonus!
Post Closing Supervisor - Sign on Bonus!
This opportunity is currently available to work out of our Corporate Office in Sacramento or as a remote role. We are looking for individuals interested in being groomed for the Post Closing Manager role when our current Manager is ready to retire, so eventually will require being based in Sacramento. Candidates open to future relocation to the area are encouraged to apply.
Starting Salary ranges between $45,000 to $86,000 DOE and location.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An exciting opportunity to join the expanding Post Closing Department in a Supervisory role with future opportunities to move into a Management role.
The Post Closing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day functions of the Post Closing Department including 30+ team members involved in loan shipping, loan delivery, management of collateral, clearing purchase suspense, recording reconciliations, insuring and timely delivery of post-closing documents. This role is responsible for supporting Post Closing Department, its administrative functions and the loan delivery of all mortgage loans closed for sale in the secondary market.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that the Post Closing processes are running efficiently throughout the loan process for the Company.
- Supervise, train, coach and lead staff in fulfilling department tasks and projects, including work assignment, time management and performance review related activities.
- Create efficiencies by reducing and/or eliminating manual processes or by streamlining current processes.
- Research issues with loan files and to determine whether loans satisfy investor requirements.
- Navigate all investor policies, including specific investor overlays.
- Acts as a liaison with both internal and external department personnel to ensure they are promptly notified of error and/or missing mortgage documentation to facilitate purchase of loans meeting company policy and procedures.
- Motivate staff to work as a team and to establish a department reputation for accurate and timely sale of loans.
- Pull reporting to verify that all loans are shipped and insured within specified turn times.
- Manage and follow up on all aged Suspended files.
- Manage the MERS process to ensure that we are compliant with all regulations set forth.
- Manage the escrow holdback process to ensure all escrow holdbacks are released properly.
- Manage the final documents process to ensure that all documents are sent to the investors within investor specified time frames.
- Manage and follow up on all Repurchase loans as well as any S&D recommendations.
- Manage and maintain consistent communication with branches, management, investors as well as all necessary internal departments.
- Manage and follow up on all Ginnie Mae and Fannie Mae suspended files.
- Manage all internal post close checklists to ensure they are always the most current and up to date.
- Additional duties or projects as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Must have two to four years related experience or equivalent as a mortgage post closer with Team Lead or supervisory experience included.
- Must be familiar with the following: Post Closing practices, mortgage documentation, recording practices and title/abstract legalities.
- Must be familiar with FHA, HUD FNMA, HELOC, USDA, and FHLMC guidelines and/or terms.
- Must have a high level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems. Encompass highly preferred.
- Must be able to work a full time standard 40-hour work week, plus potential overtime as necessary
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.