Team Loan Officer
Team Loan Officer
(pay is minimum wage or $9/hr, which ever is higher, plus commissions)
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
Job Summary: The Team Loan Officer provides origination support to a producing team by providing high quality service while meeting team minimum production standards. The Team Loan Officer must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. The Team Loan Officer’s focus is responsive communication with clients and partners, thorough documentation review, and supporting the team as needed.
What you would be doing:
- Call and set up appointments with at least 10 prospective clients daily. (Power Hour)
- Schedule and attend 10 face to face meetings (phone conferences OK) with potential borrowers weekly.
- Take loan applications.
- Prequalify clients to include discussing, rates, terms and/or financial options.
- Attend all functions with Loan Officer when required.
- Call and obtain conditions from borrowers and Realtors.
- Meet with clients to sign Loan Application and Disclosures.
- With new contracts, facilitate introduction to realtors via e-mail and make call to give “warm, fuzzy”
- Ensure that all files are submitted on time and in accordance with established procedures, requirements, and guidelines.
- Track and manage new leads, and follow up on referral business.
- Assist Loan Officer and other team members with additional administrative duties and/or sales duties as needed.
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Manage pipeline with good attention to detail.
- Communicate with team members all information pertaining to client and/or property in order to meet file expectations.
- Regularly communicate with all parties (clients, realtors, builders, etc.) involved in transaction. This includes but is not limited to correspondence via letters, cards, and phone calls.
- Attend all regularly scheduled loan reviews and meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of investor guidelines, interest rates, lock loans, and all other related aspects of the position.
- Master the Summit Funding Professional Loan Presentation.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve any conditions or issues that arise during the process, escalating issues when needed.
- Coordinate the closing details with the client (final payment, rate, cash to close, etc.)
- Regularly obtain monthly client referrals that go to closing.
- Exceed expectations of borrowers, realtors, builders, and clients.
- Adhere to all company/team policies and procedures.
- Continue to assume additional responsibilities that foster individual and team growth.
What we need from you:
- Must have an extreme drive and work ethic.
- Must have NMLS licensing.
- Must be able to cold call new contacts without fear.
- Must possess great character.
- Must have a minimum of three years prior mortgage lending experience, or have served as a Jr. Loan Officer or Loan Officer Trainee with Summit Funding, Inc.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.