Mortgage Underwriter - Signing Bonus!
Local and Remote Opportunities available! Attractive Signing Bonus!
Underwriter (Conventional, FHA, VA)
Becoming an Underwriter
Job Summary: The Underwriter position is very essential to building a successful mortgage team. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering timely, accurate and detailed underwriting decisions. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential.
Local and non local candidates experienced with working remote are encouraged to apply! Candidates located in the Pacific Standard Timezone preferred.
Pay rates range between $24/hr to $60/hr DOE and location and includes overtime and bonuses. Average bonuses range between $500 to $3000 per month!
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Maintain Posted Turn Times
Measurement: Percent of files that meet turn times (standard 95% met).
2) Underwrite an Average of 2.5 New Loan Files per Day Following Posted Policies and Industry Standards.
Measurement: Quality of files per Post Closing suspense report and Internal/External QC Audits with error rate of less than 5% and percent of files meeting turn times (standard 95% met)
3) Assist in the Review of PTD and Funding Conditions as Needed/Directed by the Underwriting Manager or Supervisor.
Measurement: Percent of files meeting turn times (standard 95% met)
Essential Duties of the Position:
- A sense of urgency and importance is required at all times. Every accommodation must be made to provide the best, quickest and most efficient service to our internal and external clients.
- A positive “can-do” approach to every file submitted is expected. The goal is to find a way to approve every loan.
- An average of no less than 2.5 new files underwritten per day is mandatory.
- Underwriting turn time is to be no more than what is currently posted.
- All Conditions are to be reviewed within stated turn time for file.
- All Resubmissions are to be reviewed within posted turn times for conditions or new loan submission depending on reason for resubmission.
- All Funding Conditions are to be reviewed as they are presented, same day and within sufficient time to accommodate funding.
- Run or re-run AUS as necessary to complete underwriting review.
- The Underwriting checklist must be completed and in every file reviewed.
- Encompass must be accurate and updated throughout the day to reflect the current disposition and decision date.
- All conditions must be presented in a clear, specific and uncomplicated format and must be limited to items relating to the underwriting approval only. Multiple conditions should not be lumped together.
- The condition list should not be used for specific notes or condition clarification.
- Summit Funding’s operating system must be utilized at all times to communicate and generate all underwriting decisions.
- All files considered for decline must be reviewed with the Operations Manager before the final decision is generated.
- The conversation log must be utilized and updated at all times.
- Files are not to be sent to an investor for review or approval consideration without first being underwritten by a Summit Funding underwriter; unless prior Investor Approval is required per program parameters. The Underwriting Manager must approve all investor submissions.
- Minimum of 5 years of Underwriting experience with conventional loan products.
- Government loan product experience including FHA, VA, USDA a plus.
- The Underwriter must have a comprehensive knowledge of Conventional loan program guidelines and have a thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- Special care to review cash, income, credit and property issues must be taken.
- The Underwriter must be able and willing to train, coach and support staff as needed to enable them to provide complete, accurate and acceptable loan files for approval consideration.
- Solid Time Management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with staff and branch personnel
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.