Sr Government Underwriter - Signing Bonus!
Sr Government Underwriter - Local and Remote Opportunities available! Attractive Signing Bonus!
Local and non local candidates experienced with working remote are encouraged to apply! Positions require ability to work a Pacific Standard Time Standard Schedule.
Pay rates range between $28/hr to $60/hr DOE and location and includes overtime and bonuses averaging between $500 to $10,000 per month!
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.If above link is not clickable try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An exciting opportunity to be part of our DYNAMIC Underwriting Team!
The Underwriter position is very essential to building a successful mortgage team. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering timely, accurate and detailed underwriting decisions. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential.
Want to hear more? Click here to view a video by our CEO, Todd Scrima about this opportunity:
Becoming an Underwriter
If the above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into the address bar of your web browser:
Why come to Summit's Underwriting Department?
- Small Pod Structure! You will be part of a small team providing support to your specific branches.
- Relationship based! Because of the Pod structure you don’t work with everyone all the time, you get to know and work with the same branches, Loan Officers, Processors, Underwriters and Closers.
- Continue to grow your skill set and career! We offer opportunities for advancement in every role.
- Stability! Because Summit Funding is a privately owned, purchase focused mortgage lender we have maintained stable, conservative and consistent growth year over year. We don’t do mass hiring and then mass reduction in our workforce when the rates fluctuate.
What you will be doing:
- Underwrite an average of no less than 2.5 new files per day.
- Meet required Underwriting turn times set by management.
- Review and clear Underwriting and Funding conditions as required within turn times.
- Review resubmissions within posted turn times for conditions or new loan submission depending on reason for resubmission.
- Run or re-run AUS as necessary to complete underwriting review.
- Accurately update Encompass throughout the day to reflect the current disposition and decision date.
- Present conditions in a clear, specific and uncomplicated format and ensure conditions are limited to items relating to the underwriting approval only.
- Review all files considered for decline with the Operations Manager before the final decision is generated.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of 5 years of Underwriting experience with conventional and government loan products.
- Government delegations for FHA required. SAR/LAPP preferred.
- The Underwriter must have a comprehensive knowledge of Conventional loan program guidelines and have a thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- Special care to review cash, income, credit and property issues must be taken.
- The Underwriter must be able and willing to train, coach and support staff as needed to enable them to provide complete, accurate and acceptable loan files for approval consideration.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work a full time standard business schedule plus overtime as needed.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.