Portfolio Retention Loan Officer
Competitive base salary ranges between 48K to 60K annually DOE. Potential additional bonus earnings between 60K to 84K annually.
The Internal Loan Officer will oversee the origination, file management, and communication, of Summit Funding Employee Loans. In addition, the Internal Loan Officer will be responsible for portfolio retention of Summit serviced loans. This position will be in direct communication with Clients, Realtors, Builders, and Business Partners. This position requires time management, precise verbal and written communication and must have working knowledge of all major investors and their guidelines.
Top 3 responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Market and Originate all Summit Employee Loans
Measurement: 95% of Employee Loans close on time and smooth.
2) Manage Summit serviced loans portfolio
Measurement: Analyze Summit serviced loans to determine refinance criteria.
3) Support Sales Department
Measurement: Complete duties/projects as assigned.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Prequalify clients to include discussing, rates, terms and/or financial options.
- Communicate loan approval by sending pre-approval/commitment letters to all parties involved in transaction.
- Understand and research all investor guidelines and stay up to date in any and all program changes that affect the processing or originating of loans in pipeline.
- Complete Loan Officer and Loan Partner (if applicable) checklist on all files and adhere to company time frames.
- Call and obtain conditions from borrowers.
- All files turned into processing within 48 hours of meeting with the borrower.
- Submit complete files to processing based on Investor and/or AUS requirements to get ready for submission to Mother Ship.
- Clear any conditions that require communication to the clients.
- Communicate with your team all information pertaining to client and/or property to meet file expectations.
- Responsible for once a week status calls to all parties involved in transaction (Clients, Realtors, Builder, etc.).
- Re disclose all new loans when there is a change of circumstance.
- Coordinate Closing details with Client
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Put scenarios together for prospective clients
- Track and manage new leads and follow up on referral business.
- Attend all Department meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
- Proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Origination systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Proficient with major correspondent and wholesale channels and their guidelines, including their websites and pricing engines.
- Five (5) years of experience preferred of mortgage processing, underwriting, originating or combination of all aspects.
- Federally NMLS licensed at a minimum. Will require being registered and licensed through NMLS in all states Summit Funding has employees after hire.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a normal office environment at a desk using a computer, phone, fax and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.