Mortgage Disclosure Specialist
This job is for you if you LOVE the mortgage industry and have a minimum of 1 year of mortgage experience. Let’s put your mortgage experience to work – with us at Summit Funding where you can help our clients achieve their dream of home ownership!
We are looking for a VERY detailed oriented experienced mortgage professional. Summit Funding is a top 35 Mortgage Lender in the U.S.
The Disclosure Specialist will be responsible for auditing, verifying and ensuring that mortgage loan disclosures are accurate and comply with regulation timelines. The Specialist will liaise with the Branch Production team members as necessary to validate fees associated with the applied mortgage transaction and deliver disclosure documents. This position will work closely with the Disclosure Supervisor to support daily operations related to the disclosing process and any additional projects assigned.
Pay rate ranges between $18-$26/hr DOE.
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Disclosure Validation and Issuance of Re-Disclosures
Measurement: Review and ensure accuracy and data integrity of required disclosures at re-disclosure and at time of lock if necessary to ensure it meets RESPA requirements. Maintain accurate record of communications and/or actions related to disclosing process in the communication log of the applicable loan file.
2) Disclosure Timeline Requirements
Measurement: Disclose the loan within the required timelines to comply with Summit and/or regulatory timeline requirements associated with the completion and dissemination of loan disclosures verified through the recording of events in Encompass Disclosure Tracking screen.
3) Delivery of Disclosure Documents
Measurement: Deliver mortgage loan disclosures in a secure manner via e-disclosure process through Encompass.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Complete re-disclosures accurately, review for validity, and disclose within Service Level Agreements and Regulatory Disclosure Requirements time frames.
- Issue recommendations for improving and strengthening the disclosure process.
- Develop working knowledge of federal and multi-state laws and agency disclosure guidelines affecting residential mortgage origination. These include, but are not limited to: TRID, TILA, REG Z RESPA, ECOA, FACTA, FCRA, BSA/AML, and HMDA.
- Maintain accurate record of communications and/or actions related to disclosing process in the communication log of the applicable loan file.
- Monitor individual workflow pipeline queues to ensure that the daily production requirements are met.
- Provide excellent service in all interactions with members as well as internal partners.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year experience in mortgage lending related functions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software and other mortgage loan related computer software.
- General math skills.
- Strong adherence to legal compliance.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a team-positive attitude.
- Strong auditing and analytical skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, and require minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient with all guidelines and websites necessary to complete job functions.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, and proactive.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work a 40 hour work week, plus overtime as needed in our Sacramento corporate office.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.