Mortgage Loan Apprentice
The Mortgage Loan Apprentice is a training position to learn the business of home loans. The main focus is bringing in new business and working with others on their team to close loans.
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Fill Greatness Tracker Weekly
Measurement: Generate a minimum of 30 leads per month, and perform a minimum of 15 face to face meetings every week.
2) Develop 10 Realtor Relationships
Measurement: Meet with a minimum of 10 Realtors face to face each week.
3) Close 4 Deals per Month
Measurement: Four closed loans per month.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Make 10 calls to obtain new business between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. every day and set appointments. (This is known as Power Hour.)
- Coordinate 15 face to face meetings with potential borrowers and referral sources every week.
- Generate 30 leads per month.
- Follow up on new loan leads within three hours per “Pre-qual Lead Sheet” instructions.
- Document all new loan leads in “Lead Tracker”.
- Talk with 20 referral accounts per day, of which 2 appointments will be for the Loan Officer to meet with them.
- Attend all Lunch and Learns and happy hours and obtain at least 8 referral sources to come to each one of the aforementioned monthly events.
- Attend and actively participate in daily team meetings, Monday loan reviews, and Sales meetings.
- Call 30 Realtors every Monday.
- Write and mail 10 “thank you” cards per week.
- Obtain referrals from current clients.
- Detailed comments are to be entered into Encompass files conversation log to document each conversation regarding a file.
- Must be properly NMLS and Washington licensed to originate upon hire
- Bachelors degree or 2 years outside sales experience
- Ability to cold-call new contacts without fear.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and have a “Can Do” Attitude.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, prioritization, multitasking, and diplomacy skills.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Regularly out of the office meeting with referral partners and clients.
- Occasionally in a standard office environment.
Starting pay ranges between $14.42 to $19.23/hr DOE plus bonuses.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.