Loan Officer Assistant
This job is for you if you LOVE the mortgage industry and you are an experienced Loan Originator Assistant or Loan Processor who craves more interaction with borrowers and clients, or you are a Loan Officer who prefers the stability of a support role. Let’s put your mortgage experience to work – with us at Summit Funding where you can help our clients achieve their dream of home ownership!
We are looking for a VERY detailed oriented experienced mortgage professional with a background in originating or processing conventional and government loans to join our San Diego team in a Loan Partner II role. Summit Funding is a top 35 Mortgage Lender in the U.S. The Loan Partner II exceeds expectations by originating and processing loans in an efficient and timely manner, working directly with the borrower, referral partners, Loan Officer Team, and Underwriting and Closing teams.
What YOU will do to make a difference at Summit Funding:
- Track and manage new leads and follows up on referral business
- Meet with borrowers as requested by Loan Officer
- Complete Fannie Mae Form 1003 and complete loan setup in Encompass
- Pull credit reports
- Prequalify clients to include discussing, rates, terms and/or financing options and sending pre approval letters to clients
- Call and obtain conditions from borrowers and Realtors
- Calculate income and run DU/LP/GUS
- Prepare and execute all require initial disclosures
- Meet with clients to sign Loan Application and Disclosures
- Track and manages new leads and follows up on referral business
- Hand off communication to borrower introducing the Loan Partner II at contract
What WE will need from you, for you to succeed at Summit Funding:
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of recent experience in mortgage lending preferably in processing
- Working knowledge of loan program guidelines including conventional, jumbo, and government loan programs
- Proficiency in DU/LP/GUS and/or other major LOS
- Ability to calculate income
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines, strong organization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness along with the ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to work full time, 40 hour a week schedule in the branch with potential overtime as required
- Ability to be registered and licensed appropriately through NMLS within 90 days of hire
Starting pay rate ranges between $17-$29/hr DOE plus potential bonuses.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.