Underwriting Supervisor - PST
Local and non local candidates experienced with working remote are encouraged to apply! PST working schedule.
Salary for this role ranges between $85K to $140K DOE and location and offers potential to earn monthly bonuses between $2000 to $2500.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
The Underwriting Supervisor position is very essential to building a successful mortgage team. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering timely, accurate and detailed underwriting decisions. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential.
What you would be doing:
- Ensure adherence to Underwriting turn time as posted (95% or better).
- Ensure all Conditions are reviewed as posted (95% or better).
- Conduct monthly audits of 10% of each Underwriter in your Team to verify the essential policies and procedures are being followed:
- The Underwriting checklist must be completed and placed in every file reviewed.
- All conditions must be presented in a clear, specific and uncomplicated format and must be limited to items relating to the underwriting approval only. Multiple conditions should not be lumped together.
- All files considered for decline must be reviewed with the Underwriting Supervisor before the final decision is generated.
- The conversation log must be utilized and updated at all times.
- Review all files requiring a second signature.
- Provide support to Underwriting team with guideline questions, difficult transactions, etc.
- First step of elevation on underwriting related issues.
- Hands on training for all new Underwriters to the Team.
- Full review of all new Underwriter’s loan decisions. Pass a minimum of 10 cases before release on any given product.
What we need from you:
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of FHA and Conventional loan program guidelines and have a thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- DE Certification a must. VA and Jumbo experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years recent supervisory or management experience in residential mortgage underwriting required.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems. Encompass experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work a full time standard 40-hour work week, plus potential overtime as necessary
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Unlimited earning potential based on performance.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more.
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.