The Closing Lead position is very essential to building a successful mortgage team. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering on time and smooth closings. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential.
Pay rate ranges between $30 to $40/hr DOE
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
- Maintain Posted Turn Times
Measurement: Percent of files that meet turn times (standard 95% met).
- Maintain Cohesive Team Structures (Happy Employees with a “Can Do” Attitude) and close loans smooth and on time.
Measurement: 95% of all loans in your POD closing smooth and on time.
- Training new hires and on going training to all Closers on their team, to ensure all closing policies and procedures are being followed.
Measurement: Quality of files per Post Closing suspense report and Internal/External QC Audits with error rate of 5% or less. Ensure are new hires meet all timelines on training outlines.
Essential Duties of the Position:
1) Be customer service oriented and willing to serve the team you lead and the branches at the same time.
2) A sense of urgency and importance is required at all times. Every accommodation must be made to provide the best, quickest and most efficient service to our internal and external clients.
3) A positive “can-do” approach to every file is expected. Be solution oriented, Creative, and offer solutions to problems. Thinking outside of the box can help to overcome problems that arise.
4) Run daily huddle with the Closers and the branches that are on their “POD”
5) Draw and fund Employee loans and covering for team members.
6) Maintain daily reports to ensure all turn times of all functions in closing are met. Daily meeting with the Director of Closing to go over the status of every loan in closing on your “POD”.
7) Learn every aspect of every position that reports to you (CD Drawing, Doc Drawing, Funding, Funding Coordinator tasks, etc.)
8) First step of escalation on closing related issues.
9) Hands on training for all new Closers to the Team. Provide support to the closing team with closing questions, difficult transactions, etc.
10) Responsible for the development and oversight of all Closers on your “POD”.
- Must have 5-10 years of recent closing experience
- Must have 1-2 years of leadership and/or management experience
- Must be willing to travel to the branches 1-2 weeks per quarter.
- Must be TRID proficient as it relates to closing
- Must be proficient in closing FHA, VA, conventional, USDA, and bond loans
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, exercise good judgment, and require minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient with all guidelines and websites necessary to complete job functions.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage time while handling multiple projects.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.