Loan Set Up Specialist
The Approval Specialist will perform all loan set up functions in a timely and efficient manner to ensure a complete and organized file is ready for processing. The Approval Specialist will work directly with the Loan Manager to ensure that all documents needed for processing have been requested and received. This position requires frequent communication with the Loan Officer and Loan Partner.
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Set-up Every Loan Within 48 Hours of Receipt
Measurement: Finish all file set up tasks and completes the loan set up checklist within 48 hours of file receipt.
2) Assist Loan Manager on a Daily Basis
Measurement: Meet with Loan Manager for ten minutes each morning and assist them with any tasks, as needed.
3) Provide Coverage for Greetings Partner and Loan Manager
Measurement: Provide coverage for Greeting Partner and Loan Manager as needed for vacations, sick leave, daily tasks, and etc.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Complete loan set up within 48 hours of receipt.
- Verify loan file is complete, and Loan Officer has provided completed checklist and CCI, accompanying disclosures, documents, needs list, anticipated or confirmed program/investor, and etc.
- Return any incomplete loans back to Loan Officer. Send e-mail with list of missing items for completion to Loan Officer and Branch Manager.
- Order appraisals, preliminaries, flood, verifications, and all other validations required by Summit Funding, Inc.
- Assist Loan Manager with follow up for items requested.
- Perform all branch file cancellations per current Loan Cancellation Policy.
- Learn how to properly re-disclose a loan, as needed.
- Place detailed comments in the conversation log every time a file is handled.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Must be proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Originating systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, and require minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient with all guidelines and websites necessary to complete job functions.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage time.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment
Starting pay rate ranges between $14-$22/hr DOE plus potential bonuses.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.