Mortgage Closer - Funder
JOB TITLE: Funder
Click here to watch a video by Todd Scrima, CEO
The Funder position is very essential to making the borrowers’ closing experience pleasant and seamless. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service by closing on time and smoothly. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering speedy and accurate solutions to funding questions and concerns. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential and required by all funding personnel.
Local candidates and those interested in remote work are encouraged to apply!
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Review and Fund loans within Posted Turn Times and Cutoffs
Measurement: Funder is to meet the minimum funding rate metric as posted in the Closing Department.
2) Provide Exceptional Customer Service
Measurement: 95% of loans that are funded by the Funder must close on time and smoothly.
3) Ensure Loans and Closing Disclosures are Compliant per Funding Training Material Provided
Measurement: Maintain 5% error ratio per funded and reviewed loans per risk report and any other quality metric posted in the Closing Department.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance and investor closing standards are met.
- Maintains communication with customers, departments, closing agents, realtors, and builders to promote positive business relations and relate loan status.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and salability into the market.
- Performs verification that loans closed as scheduled.
- Reviews files prior to closing to verify that abstracts and/or title opinions are clear; forwards copies to all parties involved; reviews all surveys, termite inspections, final inspections, and verifies accuracy of closing conditions.
- Closes the loan; inputs information into computer, prepares additional documentation, balances account for closing, prepares package for closing agent and/or customer, and ensures timely recording of all documents and disbursement of all funds.
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to closing agent and/or customer.
- Protects bank collateral by reviewing and analyzing title work to verify that all liens are clear.
- Reviews and verifies executed closing packages to ensure all documents are signed appropriately and all fees are included with the package.
- Maintains knowledge of all mortgage and compliance policies and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork and forms in an accurate and timely manner; prepares all required reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must be able to identify problems that occur and resolve them.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Accurately complete detailed financial forms and paperwork.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Must have 30+ words per minute typing speed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Analyze statistical and financial data.
- Regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds
- Standard office environment
Starting pay ranges between $19-$33/hr DOE and location
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.