Mortgage Closer - Funder
Local and Remote Opportunities available!
Mortgage Closer - Funder
Local candidates and those interested in remote work are encouraged to apply! Team Members must be able to work until 5pm PST.
Starting pay ranges between $18-$36/hr DOE and location and includes the potential to earn monthly bonuses averaging $1,500 per month!
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
The Funder position is very essential to making the borrowers’ closing experience pleasant and seamless. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service by closing on time and smoothly. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering speedy and accurate solutions to funding questions and concerns. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential and required by all funding personnel.
Want to hear more? Click here to view a video by our CEO, Todd Scrima about this opportunity:
Closing and Underwriting Opportunities
If the above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into the address bar of your web browser:
Why come to Summit?
- Small Pod Structure! You will be part of a small team providing support to your specific branches.
- Relationship based! Because of the Pod structure you don’t work with everyone all the time, you get to know and work with the same branches, Loan Officers, Processors, Underwriters and Closers.
- Continue to grow your skill set and career! We offer opportunities for advancement in every role.
- Stability! Because Summit Funding is a privately owned, purchase focused mortgage lender we have maintained stable, conservative and consistent growth year over year. We don’t do mass hiring and then mass reduction in our workforce when the rates fluctuate.
What you would be doing:
- Ensure that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance and investor closing standards are met.
- Maintain communication with customers, departments, closing agents, realtors, and builders to promote positive business relations and relate loan status.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and salability into the market.
- Perform verification that loans closed as scheduled.
- Review files prior to closing to verify that abstracts and/or title opinions are clear; forward copies to all parties involved; review all surveys, termite inspections, final inspections, and verify accuracy of closing conditions.
- Close the loan; input information into computer, prepare additional documentation, balance account for closing, prepare package for closing agent and/or customer, and ensure timely recording of all documents and disbursement of all funds.
- Prepare and explain closing requirements to closing agent and/or customer.
- Protect bank collateral by reviewing and analyzing title work to verify that all liens are clear.
- Review and verify executed closing packages to ensure all documents are signed appropriately and all fees are included with the package.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of 1 year of recent residential Mortgage Funding experience. Retail lending experience highly preferred.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Encompass experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work full time, Monday through Friday Pacific Standard time zone business schedule with overtime as needed.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Unlimited earning potential based on performance.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more.
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.