Mortgage Operations Manager
The Branch Operations Manager will lead and manage an office that averages less than 50 loan closings a month and that operationally excels.
The Operations Manager offers a competitive salary (hourly rate plus overtime of salary depending on experience) plus opportunities to earn competitive bonuses on branch production. Six figure+ income potential for exceptionally qualified candidates!
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Managing Pipeline – Administer the branch pipeline and carry a personal pipeline of loans.
Measurement: 95% of loans will close by purchase contract close of escrow.
2) Problem-solving and Conflict Resolution - Provide support and resolutions to the challenges arising from branch operations.
Measurement: Solve most problems before escalation to the Branch Manager.
3) Interviewing and Onboarding - Partner with Branch Manager to conduct a minimum of two interviews per week with potential employees. Train, develop and coach new team members.
Measurement: Always have two interviewed, potential employees on your “virtual bench” for every position in the Branch.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Provide support and resolutions to the challenges arising from branch operations.
- Partner with Branch Manager to conduct a minimum of two interviews per week with potential employees.
- Train, develop and coach new team members on all aspects of their position (with the exception of how to sell).
- Administer a pipeline of loans; perform the role of a Loan Manager as needed.
- Ensure processing team members achieve all metrics including submitting files within 15 days of closing.
- Follow-up with Loan Officers to ensure files are turned in within 48 hours of disclosing.
- Facilitate a weekly pipeline meeting that reviews in detail every loan scheduled to close in the next 60 days.
- Set daily priorities for processing team members.
- Partner with Branch Manager to conduct a minimum of two interviews per week with potential employees (Loan Officers, Loan Managers, Sales Coordinators, Loan Partners
- II, Approval Specialists, and etc.).
- Implement sourcing strategies for creating a pipeline of candidates.
- Respond to team members’ time-off requests and ensure appropriate branch coverage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mortgage preferably in a processing supervisory role.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong professional presence; proven ability to effectively deal with challenges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook applications.
- Must be proficient in DU/DO, LP, and major Originating systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals from various backgrounds and all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead team members.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and have a “Can Do” Attitude.
- Must be flexible, able to prioritize workload, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail.
- Exceptionally organized and able to successfully manage multiple priorities within established timelines.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.