Mortgage Closing Processor
We are hiring for a Mortgage Closing Coordinator for our growing Chicago office. Our people are what makes Summit Funding such a fantastic place to work! Our ideal candidate has a heart for helping people, has strong attention to detail, and is driven to succeed.
This is full time position that will require working full time hours, Monday through Friday in our downtown Chicago branch. Parking is not provided so public transportation is highly encouraged. Please check our address and ensure you are comfortable with the commute - 900 N Franklin Street, Chicago.
Starting pay ranges between $15-$22/hr
Intrigued? Keep reading our Job Summary:
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
The Closing Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the branch processing staff. The primary focus of this position is to complete all necessary required tasks from the time of final loan approval up through the file funding and recording. This position will be a liaison for the closing process between the borrower, loan manager, and Title Company. The Closing Coordinator will be the initial contact for all title and escrow companies, doc drawers and funders. Tasks include managing the loan process, including completing a doc request, managing conditions between the funder and title company, collecting additional documents from the borrower as requested by underwriting in order to insure a timely closing of loan.
What you would be doing:
- Review closing conditions received from underwriter and certify all closing/prior to funding conditions can be met and satisfied at closing.
- Complete doc requests and upload them into Encompass along with any additional documents requiring the borrower signature (our origination software).
- Request insurance binders and lock corrections.
- Manage pre-audit timeframes and ensure timely completion.
- Review doc department loan detail worksheets for error once documents have been drawn.
- Ensure loan documents are being drawn and e-mailed in a timely manner.
- Review HUDs once documents have been sent and reviewed by title.
- Update and maintain Encompass and paper files.
- Daily Communication / follow-up with loan manager, title companies, loan consultants, real estate agents and borrowers.
- Drive Closings and manage the daily closing log.
- Review contracts, closing paperwork, and conditions for accuracy.
- Provide all information necessary to facilitate timely closings.
- Reconcile Earnest money and funds to close.
- Set up customer closing appointments with title and borrower. Notify borrower and loan consultant in writing and via phone of closing time.
- Confirm all inspections are in or scheduled.
- Complete verbal verification of employment if needed.
- Manage lock expirations dates.
- Close out files once funded.
What we need from you:
- 2-4 years’ related experience or equivalent.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, plus overtime as needed.
- Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines is required.
- Previous experience with Government processing/closing.
- Understanding and comprehension of the Mortgage Loan process through closing.
- Must have solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Strong Team player.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with clients, staff and our borrowers.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Unlimited earning potential based on performance.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more.
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.