Underwriting Scenario- Deal Desk - Signing Bonus!
Underwriting Scenario/Deal Desk - Attractive Signing Bonus!!!
The Underwriting Scenario or "Deal Desk" is responsible for reviewing and responding to all Deal Desk requests, escalating any necessary items. This position will maintain current knowledge of all applicable regulatory, agency, and company guidelines as well as company operational policies and procedures.
Local and non local candidates experienced with working remote are encouraged to apply! Candidates located in the Pacific Standard Timezone preferred.
Starting pay rate ranges between $20-$42/hr DOE and location
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
- Respond to all company Deal Desk questions
Measurement: Acknowledge receipt of 100% of Deal Desk requests within 4 hours of receipt. Respond to 90% of all Deal Desk requests with a full answer within 4 hours of receipt. 10% of responses to be acknowledged with a follow up that further research is needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of all agency and Summit primary investor guidelines
Measurement: Knowledge of where to find and how to use FNMA/FHLMC/USDA/VA/HUD, Chase, WFB and other current Summit utilized investor websites and Underwriting guidelines based on current knowledge of how the sites work and how best to search for the guideline needed.
- Escalate all items that require “interpretation” or Underwriting management involvement to your manager in one of the twice daily scheduled meetings.
Measurement: Respond to all emails stating “matter requires further research or escalation”, bring item to AM or PM meeting as appropriate to discuss with manager for resolution or further escalation. Respond to requester with answer as soon as received.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Maintain 4 hour service standard on all Deal Desk requests.
- Being rated an 8 or higher on all Culture Tests, specific to deal desk.
- Deliver 4 hour turn times on all Deal Desk requests.
- Develop and maintain Deal Desk resource guide to support Branch network.
- Work with Manager to maintain up to the minute accurate information regarding all company operational policy and procedure.
- Materially participate in the creation of the weekly Deal Desk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) sent out to all Summit personnel.
- Two to four years recent related experience or equivalent, preferably in Underwriting, Originating or Processing.
- Must be familiar with Underwriting Investor Guidelines, Fannie, Freddie, conforming, non conforming.
- Familiarity with AllRegs
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Innovative team player.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.