Loan Officer Assistant
Experienced Loan Officer Assistant
Starting pay rate ranges between $15-$22/hr DOE plus potential to earn monthly bonuses.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
This job is for you if you LOVE the mortgage industry and you are an experienced Loan Officer Assistant or Loan Processor who craves more interaction with borrowers and clients. Let’s put your mortgage experience to work – with us at Summit Funding where you can help our clients achieve their dream of home ownership!
We are looking for a VERY detailed oriented experienced mortgage professional with a background in originating or processing conventional and government loans to join our Bloomfield Hills, MI office in a Loan Partner II role. Summit Funding is a top 35 Mortgage Lender in the U.S. The Loan Coordinator exceeds expectations by originating and processing loans in an efficient and timely manner, working directly with the borrower, referral partners, Loan Officer Team, and Underwriting and Closing teams.
What you will be doing:
- Understand and research investor guidelines and remain up to date in any and all program changes that impact the processing or origination of loans in the pipeline.
- Solve escrow issues without involving the Loan Officer when possible.
- Receive loan applications, obtain credit information for applicants, and collect all needed documentation for loans.
- Documentation to include: Verifications of Deposit (VOD), Verifications of Employment (VOE), appraisal, title, etc. as appropriate.
- Answer all borrower questions or refer to Loan Officer as needed.
- Verify loans are complete and submit to Underwriting based on Investor and/or Automated Underwriting System (AUS) requirements within 24 hours of receipt of documents.
- Clear any conditions that require communication to title companies, appraiser, employers, surveyors, etc.
- Collect all necessary items needed to prepare the Closing Disclosure (CD), and ensure timely drawing and delivery of the CD in order to meet the expected close of escrow.
- Ensure closing instructions and documents have been released to title 72 hours before closing, and a final settlement statement is issued to the Loan Officer or team 48 hours prior to closing.
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed Good Faith Estimate (GFE) before signings, and correct discrepancies where needed.
- Meet with clients to sign loan documents.
- Send out correspondence including thank you cards, closing cost calculations, etc.
- Coordinate closing details with clients.
- Maintain a detailed conversation log for each file.
What we need from you:
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of recent experience in mortgage lending preferably in processing
- Working knowledge of loan program guidelines including conventional, jumbo, and government loan programs
- Proficiency in DU/LP/GUS and/or other major LOS
- Ability to calculate income
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines, strong organization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness along with the ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to work full time, 40 hour a week schedule in the branch with potential overtime as required
- Ability to be registered and licensed appropriately through NMLS within 90 days of hire
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.