Mortgage Training Specialist
Mortgage Corporate Training Specialist
Local or candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply
Starting pay rate ranges between $20 to $25/hr DOE
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An exciting opportunity for a mortgage professional with a background in operations to transition their career into the exciting world of Training!
The Training Specialist helps plan, conduct and administer training programs that improve team member skills and knowledge. This position consults with senior instructional staff to confirm program objectives, operational procedures and system/program constraints.
What you would be doing
- Delivers training programs under supervision of the Corporate Trainer.
- Creates interactive multimedia presentations, job aids and training tutorials.
- Researches, plans and coordinates delivery of training programs.
- Helps to assess the impact of training programs by measuring employee’s understanding of subject matter.
- Meets with managers and supervisors to determine training needs.
- Communicates all training programs to employees in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Training team on training material to ensure consistency with training objectives.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Assists with internal training ticketing system
- Assists with the Learning Management System (LMS)
What we need from you:
- Minimum 1 year of recent mortgage operations or equivalent experience
- Prior Training or related experience a plus
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be able to work and complete 40 hours a week between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m Monday through Friday.
- Availability to travel to our Sacramento corporate office for training classes as needed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with DO/DU/LPA and major mortgage operating systems preferred.
- Familiarity with using videoconferencing software (i.e. Blue Jeans, GoToMeeting) from a training perspective.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage time.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive compensation package based on experience
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.