Builder Loan Officer
Builder Loan Officer
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
A Summit Certified New Home Loan Expert, who oversees builder accounts as a Loan Officer. This position is a Loan Officer who chooses to work on Builder Accounts on their own or under the umbrella of a Builder Account Manager. The solo Builder Loan Officer runs all business under their name and originates loans. If the Builder Loan Officer works for a Builder Account Manager, they will perform the duties of Loan Officer under the umbrella of the BAM and also originate loans under the name of the Builder Account Manager
What you would be doing:
- Make five calls out to obtain new business and set up appointments every day.
- Face to face meetings with potential borrowers and referral sources every single week without fail.
- Provide lunch once a month for Builder sales team.
- Manage past client data base (mail every month, call two times per year).
- Understand and research all investor guidelines, and be up to date in any and all program changes/company overlays that affect the processing or originating of loans in the pipeline.
- Obtain conditions that are required from the clients.
- Take complete loan applications and obtain supporting/required loan documentation.
- Educate prospective borrowers on the mortgage financing process.
- Thoroughly analyze the borrower’s credit worthiness and their ability to repay the mortgage.
- Effectively communicate with the borrower and the Builder what the expectations should be regarding potential problems and solutions, including time frames.
- Quote rates and lock loans.
- Expected to be (or become) an expert in the area of mortgage financing with a strong foundation of FHA, VA, Conventional, and other loan products offered by Summit Funding, Inc.
- Solve escrow issues.
- Set up file using Builder Loan Officer Checklist and turn into processing.
- Utilize Builder Status report and Monthly Closing List provided by Builder Group. Provide to Builders, Agents, Processors, Escrow Coordinators and Sales Manager.
- Consistently exceed borrower and Builder expectations.
- Obtain and review all closing statements for accuracy, also compare against the GFE and correct ALL errors prior to the borrower’s signing appointment.
- Re-disclose all loans when there is a valid change of circumstance.
- May be asked to mentor or coach other Builder Loan Officers.
- Obtain referrals from current clients.
- Detailed pipeline management.
- Attend Builder industry events when requested by management, representing Summit Funding, Inc. in a professional manner.
- Volunteer for builder industry boards and events on a regular basis.
- Attend trainings and/or conference calls as required by Summit Funding, Inc.
- Must have the Summit Certified New Home Loan Expert certification.
- Must maintain high customer service ratings.
What we need from you:
- Must have an extreme drive and work ethic.
- Must be registered and licensed through the NMLS (National and State).
- Must be able to work weekend hours in order to effectively service new home Builders.
- Must be comfortable working onsite at builder subdivisions as well as in the office.
- Must be proficient in DU/DO, LP, and loan operating systems (i.e. Encompass and Optimal Blue).
- Must have a positive attitude, be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Must comply with all Summit Funding, Inc. policies and procedures.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Unlimited earning potential based on performance.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, and more.
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.