Underwriting Supervisor - Signing Bonus!
Local and non local candidates experienced with working remote are encouraged to apply! Candidates located in the Pacific Standard Timezone preferred.
Salary for this role ranges between $85K to $140K DOE and location and offers potential to earn monthly bonuses between $2000 to $2500.
Job Summary: The Underwriting Supervisor position is very essential to building a successful mortgage team. The primary focus is to exceed our client’s expectations and deliver exceptional service. This position is crucial in the development of strong, lasting client relationships by delivering timely, accurate and detailed underwriting decisions. Representing our company in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential.
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Maintain Posted Turn Times
Measurement: Percent of files that meet turn times (meet or exceed a 95% standard).
2) Maintain Cohesive Team Structures (Happy Employees with a “Can Do” Attitude) and Support Underwriting Staff to Ensure Turn Times as Well as Quality of Loan Package standard is adhered to.
Measurement: Quality of files per Post Closing suspense report and Internal/External QC Audits with error rate of 5% or less.
3) Assist in the Review of new loans, PTD and Funding Conditions as Directed by the Regional Underwriting Manager
Measurement: Percent of files meeting turn times (meet or exceed a 95% standard).
Essential Duties of the Position:
- A sense of urgency and importance is required at all times. Every accommodation must be made to provide the best, fastest and most efficient service to our internal and external clients.
- A positive “can-do” approach to every file submitted is expected. The goal is to find a way to approve every loan.
- Ensure adherence to Underwriting turn time as posted (95% or better).
- Ensure all Conditions are reviewed as posted (95% or better).
- Conduct monthly audits of 10% of each Underwriter in your Team to verify the essential policies and procedures are being followed:
- The Underwriting checklist must be completed and placed in every file reviewed.
- All conditions must be presented in a clear, specific and uncomplicated format and must be limited to items relating to the underwriting approval only. Multiple conditions should not be lumped together.
- All files considered for decline must be reviewed with the Underwriting Supervisor before the final decision is generated.
- The conversation log must be utilized and updated at all times.
- Review all files requiring a second signature.
- Provide support to Underwriting team with guideline questions, difficult transactions, etc.
- First step of elevation on underwriting related issues.
- Hands on training for all new Underwriters to the Team.
- Full review of all new Underwriter’s loan decisions. Pass a minimum of 10 cases before release on any given product.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of FHA and Conventional loan program guidelines and have a thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- DE Certification a must. VA and Jumbo experience strongly preferred.
- Special care must be taken to review cash, income, credit and property issues.
- 3-5 years recent supervisory or management experience in underwriting required.
- Must be able and willing to train, coach and support staff as needed to enable them to provide complete, accurate and acceptable loan files for approval consideration.
- Solid Time Management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with staff and branch personnel.
- This position requires working a full time schedule in our Sacramento Corporate Office.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Standard office environment
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.