Mortgage Closing Doc Drawer
Job Summary: The CD Drawer position is essential to Summit Funding’s relationship with the branches, with escrow, and most importantly, with the homebuyer. The primary focuses are accuracy, speed, accountability, adaptability, and genuine good customer service. The CD Drawer position is crucial to preparing accurate closing disclosures and closing packages within the posted turn time or prior, thereby exceeding branch expectations so they may exceed buyer expectations.
Starting pay rate ranges between $18-$28/hr DOE
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
- Prepare Closing Disclosure and Loan Documents within posted Turn Times and Cutoffs - Measurement: Meet the minimum CD drawer rate metric as posted in the Closing Department
- Ensure Loans are Compliant per Training Material - Measurement: Maintain quality metric posted in the Closing Department
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service - Measurement: 95% of loans that are prepared by the CD drawer close on time and smoothly
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Prepares all closing documents required to close mortgage loans, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate and follows up with any discrepancies.
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance, and investor closing standards are met.
- Maintains communication with other departments and closing agents to promote positive business relations and relay loan status.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and salability into the market.
- Reviews files prior to closing to verify that abstracts and/or title opinions are clear; forwards copies to all parties involved; reviews all surveys, termite inspections, final inspections, and verifies accuracy of closing conditions.
- Inputs information into computer, prepares additional documentation, balances account for closing, and prepares closing disclosures and closing package for the closing agent and/or customer.
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to closing agent and/or customer.
- Maintains knowledge of all mortgage and compliance policies and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork and forms in an accurate and timely manner; prepares all required reports.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures.
- Analyze statistical and financial data.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Ability to identify problems that may occur during the funding process and resolve them.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Accurately complete detailed financial forms and paperwork.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Encompass 360 and Doc Magic.
- Type at least 30+ words per minute.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a standard office environment, at a desk, using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.