Mortgage Loan Apprentice
Career Potential and Job Summary:
The Mortgage Loan Apprentice (MLA) is a training position teaching individuals with no mortgage experience how to become a Loan Officer and build a long-term and lucrative career in the mortgage business. A successful Loan Officer can earn $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 or even a $1 million or more per year! Our goal is to help people enter and grow in the loan business, helping them become more successful than they ever dreamed possible; while creating loyal and dedicated team members for our firm for many years to come.
We currently only have two positions available; it’s very difficult to qualify for this program so please don’t apply unless you know you have the grit, determination and motivation to succeed in a very tough industry. However, if we choose you, we have no doubt that you have the potential to close 10 loans or more a month, and be hugely successful in this industry. This position comes with a salary and partial commissions for the first 6 to 18 months before converting to a minimum wage plus competitive commission position. If we choose you for this program, we are investing several thousand dollars in you with the expectation you will become a very successful Loan Officer.
The Mortgage Loan Apprentice will be exposed to and trained on all branch positions, so they have a thorough understanding of mortgage operations. The Mortgage Loan Apprentice will be coached and mentored on sales techniques by a successful Summit Loan Officer. The Apprenticeship role is designed to last from 6 to 18 to months, concluding with originating 25 or more loans, before becoming a full or junior Loan Officer.
We will teach you how to:
- Cold call new referral sources daily, set face-to-face appointment and perform sales presentations
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with potential borrowers and referral sources every week.
- Utilize our CRM system and Lead Tracker to manage your database, document your activity and implement marketing campaigns
- Attend Lunch and Learns, happy hour and open house events to gain referrals
What we need from you:
- Must be properly NMLS licensed which entails taking a 20 hour online course and passing the NMLS test prior to us hiring you for this position
- You must have the ability to cold-call new contacts
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, completely coachable and have a “Can Do” Attitude
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, prioritization, multitasking, and diplomacy skills.
- Regularly out of the office meeting with referral partners and clients.
- Regularly in a standard office environment.
- Fun and inspiring atmosphere!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.