Jr Loan Processor
Approval Specialist (AKA, Jr Loan Processor)
Starting pay rate ranges between $14-$22/hr DOE and includes the potential to earn monthly bonuses based on production.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An entry level, exciting opportunity for an outgoing, organized, highly detail oriented aspiring professional who is interested in starting or furthering a career in the world of mortgage loan processing. The Approval Specialist is a pivotal role that works directly with the Loan Manager to preform the loan set up responsibilities and ensure all documents needed for processing have been requested and received.
What you would be doing:
- Complete loan set up within 48 hours of receipt.
- Verify loan file is complete, and Loan Officer has provided completed checklist and CCI, accompanying disclosures, documents, needs list, anticipated or confirmed program/investor, etc.
- Return any incomplete loans back to Loan Officer. Send e-mail with list of missing items for completion to Loan Officer and Branch Manager.
- Order appraisals, preliminaries, flood, verifications, and all other validations required by Summit Funding, Inc.
- Assist Loan Manager with follow up for items requested.
- Perform all branch file cancellations per current Loan Cancellation Policy.
- Learn how to properly re-disclose a loan, as needed.
- Place detailed comments in the conversation log every time a file is handled.
What we need from you:
- Recent professional office work experience preferred; mortgage, finance, real estate or related industry experience highly desired.
- Stable work history a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- World class customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and hold your Team Members accountable.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- MS Office skills.
- Must be able to work a full time standard 40-hour work week, plus potential overtime as necessary in our professional office.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Unlimited earning potential based on performance.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more.
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.