Lead Mortgage Suspense Analyst
Lead Mortgage Suspense Analyst
Pay rate ranges between $22-31/hr DOE
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An exciting opportunity to be part of our Post Closing Department. The Lead Suspense Analyst will be responsible for supporting a team of analysts to ensure prompt clearing of all outstanding exceptions. They will be responsible for operational details associated with the post-closing of residential mortgage loans. This includes monitoring and resolving investor purchase suspense items. The Lead must establish a working relationship with the investors’ contacts and engage in frequent communications to stay abreast of investor changes, turn-times, and any other pertinent items.
What you will be doing:
- Review documents and resolves defects on Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Bond loans
- Act as Investor Liaison to ensure timely resolution of outstanding items required for pre-purchase by researching and validating against program guidelines, underwriting issues, doc issues, funding issues, and post close issues according to company standards; work with other departments or third parties as needed.
- Serve as escalation point for these issues, communicating directly with Branches, Mother Ship personnel, and investors as needed.
- Engage in frequent communication with investors, title companies and internal staff.
- Monitor loan status for timely resolution to avoid aging.
- Notate current status and correspondence within conversation log of Encompass
- Monitor all post-purchase loans and assist in resolution
What we need from you:
- Two or more years of Mortgage Suspense Analyst (or related) experience; preferred candidates will have at least one year of Lead experience
- Must be proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Originating systems. Encompass experienced preferred.
- Must be proficient with all guidelines and websites necessary to complete job functions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Ability to work in both a team and individual environment.
- Strong problem resolution skills, written and verbal communication skills, and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Must be able to work a full time standard 40-hour work week, plus potential overtime as necessary in our Sacramento Corporate Office.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.