Junior Loan Officer
Junior Loan Officer - Mortgage Loan Apprentice
Starting pay rate is $14.42/hr plus commissions.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An exciting opportunity for an aspiring sales professional to begin their Loan Officer Career with Summit Funding!
The Mortgage Loan Apprentice is a training position to learn the business of home loans. The main focus is bringing in new business and working with others on their team to close loans.
Apprentice Level 1 – Mortgage Operations Training (3-6 months)
For the initial time in the position, MLA’s will learn and show competency in the tasks and processes associated with the operational support positions within the branch.
Apprentice Level 2 – Mortgage Sales Training (6-12 months)
Upon completion of Operations Training, MLA’s will then learn and show competency in the tasks and essential duties associated with the Loan Officer position.
What you will be doing:
- Make 10 calls to obtain new business between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. every day and set appointments. (This is known as Power Hour.)
- Coordinate 15 face to face meetings with potential borrowers and referral sources every week.
- Generate 30 leads per month.
- Follow up on new loan leads within three hours per “Pre-qual Lead Sheet” instructions.
- Document all new loan leads in “Lead Tracker”.
- Talk with 20 referral accounts per day, of which 2 appointments will be for the Loan Officer to meet with them.
- Attend all Lunch and Learns and happy hours and obtain at least 8 referral sources to come to each one of the aforementioned monthly events.
- Attend and actively participate in daily team meetings, Monday loan reviews, and Sales meetings.
- Call 30 Realtors every Monday.
- Write and mail 10 “thank you” cards per week.
- Obtain referrals from current clients.
- Detailed comments are to be entered into Encompass files conversation log to document each conversation regarding a file.
What we need from you:
- Must be properly NMLS licensed upon date of hire.
- Ability to cold-call new contacts without fear.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and have a “Can Do” Attitude.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, prioritization, multitasking, and diplomacy skills.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more!
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.